Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let the games begin!

No it's not an Olympic year but with the amount of traveling the kids do here it might as well be. It's the end of the second week of school & so far I've taken volleyball to Winnemucca for a tournament, cross country to Fernley and now football to Reno to play Wooster High School. We left yesterday at noon. There were three major road construction areas and it was HOT! I think I lost about ten lbs. in sweat............. when we stopped in Winnemucca for lunch I got a Mountain Dew slurpy and I almost couldn't drink it fast enough before it melted, but it sure was satisfying! We arrived in Reno at 6:45 PM and went straight to Meadowood Mall for dinner then it was off to Galena High School so the varsity team could watch Galena and North Valley HS play..... didn't get to the hotel till 11:00 PM. We left the Hotel at 9:00 AM for breakfast and then to WOoster HS so they could prep for their game................. WEW! did you get all that? Me too. Now I'm gonna take a nap (they're not just for 4 yr olds you know) so I won't be too tired to drive home tonight..................... 300 miles and i'm sure it will be hot again. Meanwhile Rick & Zac are doing guy stuff together, Rick started getting the pool taken down for winter (can you believe it's on the way?) and Zac has a b-day party for one of his school buddies this afternoon. Hopefully my blog doesn't sound too much like a travel log but that's what our life is like someitmes, oh well, enjoy.

0 comments: