Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wrong way.....

So tuesday morning I headed to Reno with the Elko Family career and community leaders group (FCCLA) I had got a phonecall at 4:15 AM from John telling us that Ahsleigh was in labor. Now this trip to Reno is a 4 day trip and there was no way I could call and cancel at that late a day. So off I went to Reno, the absolute wrong direction. John called with updates throughout the morning and at about 1:30 PM Greyson Merrick Hunter Clarke came into the world......... don't have pic's that I can post yet but Mom & baby and new Dad are doing well at LDS hospital while I'm in Reno for the week..... missing the birth of Greyson is truly disappointing. I told John I know it's not about me but it's the first grandchild I've missed being there for..... dang it! So when I get home friday I will do laundry and saturday we will head to SLC! I'm excited. I really miss Rick and Zac. Zac wanted to know when Mom is coming home when I talk to him so apparently they miss me to!

2 comments:

ChristinaS said...

Congrats to the new parents! How cool. What a great strong name they gave him too... Hugs all around from us too. OK

Suzy said...

Congratulations! How fun to have a new baby. I am excited to be a grandma, but I will have to wait a few years.