Sunday, July 27, 2008

In memory


If you live long enough you wil indoubedly loose a beloved pet. If you are fortunate enough to share your lives and heart. Today we lost Katie, named for the little girl that I never got to name Katie. It was kind of an unspoken irony tha I named my dog Katie instead of a little girl. But she shared my heart and life for nine years and never a more loving animal did I know. She was my 'velcro' dog. For those of you who have shared life with a special animla you will understand the term. She was always by my side, wiggling her butt like only an Aussie can. She grinned like only an Aussie can. My heart is a bit more empty and lonely without her already. It sounds cliche but no one will ever replace her and I will truly miss her. So................. to you Katie waiting now at the Rainbow Bridge. With Red and all the others who have left this life. Be well my friend.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

We are thinking of you today. So sorry to hear about Katie.

ChristinaS said...

just to let you know that I did get a chance to stop in. Very nice post... She is such a beauty.... You know I was thinking about that last night about the name Katie. I'll never forget, back when you were having Courtney that she was almost a katie.... Hugs to you all.. We love you....