Thursday, July 31, 2008

Intermediately obedient

Today was the first day of mine and Chance's intermediate obedience class. It was a lot of fun and it felt good to be there. The trainer holds it at a park which is nice and it helps with the training by adding in distractions. Why do distractions help you ask? It is good to work with the dog in that kind of enviroment so when you get out in the real world you know that your dog will respond to your commands no matter what else is going on. The trainer also happens to be the owner of the local kennel/ groomer and she also happens to breed Aussie's. I told her about Katie and we talked about it. I asked her to keep her eyes open for either a blu merle or a red merle girl puppy. We don't want to rush into another dog but I do want another girl like Katie. I know, I know I can't replace her but one of the things that attracted me to her was her coloring. I love the merle color in Aussie's and it's also unique to their breed. I just think it's so beautiful! So I'm feeling better although I'll always miss Katie and no one will ever replace her or Red for that matter. They will forever be in my heart.

0 comments: