Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dogs & chickens


So far this Reno trip has been fun..... until I got the phone call from Rick this morning. Once again Chance & Seven had managed to escape & run the nieghborhood, infortunately Seven cmae home with a chicken in his mouth! Rick got the chicken away from him & got both the dogs in the house. Shortly a local deputy sheriff showed up at the door. The fine for two unlicensed dogs running loose is $268! And that doesn't count what the owners of the chickens will want for reimbursment...... or vet bills. Rick was going to go talk ot the owners. I am so angry that I might just go home & shoot the dogs myself. We knew it was only a mater of time when the dogs would run into some kind of trouble when they escaped. I really thought however that they would get run over and killed by soemone. This is just unbelievable, I am so angry and upset that they did this! I had such a nice day in Virginia City yesterday. It's a quaint historical town. They've turned the historical buildings into lovely shops with all kinds of stuff. They're a number of 'rock' shops, Virginia City being the first mining town in Nevada. It was very interesting to learn about Boulder Tourquoise, it was originaly found in Elko. No 2 pieces are exactly alike. Unfortunately I didn't purchase a piece of it, but I did find a number pf pieces that are very lovely. I bought a beautiful necklace & earring set and 10 rock 'marbles'. I picked ones that I found interesting.
One of the leather stores was having a winter clearance sale (maybe it was 2 shops) I found Rick a new mototrcycle jacket for only $45! he was thrilled that I got it for him. I also got myself 2 leather bomber jackets they were buy one get one free, who could pass that up? SO yes I spent way too much money but I felt like I was thoughtful in my purchases and looked for things that I really liked and fairly priced, now does that sound like good justification?

1 comments:

ChristinaS said...

That's so cool... I like that leather coat.. Mike needs a new one himself.. HINT HINT... His birthday is May 18th LOL
Good luck with the dogs.. Time to register them... lol
This is the first place we lived that Angel hasn't found a way to sneak out and run the "main" road. She likes to investigate her surroundings where we live. One time when we lived at Mike's parent's house (by the airport on Post rd) It was a one way but four lanes and very very busy all the time, even at night. Anyway, Mike took off in the van and Angel decided she was gonna go with him. She managed to get out of the house behind him, w/o him knowing and chased him down Post rd. That little tiny dog STOPPED TRAFFIC. Gave me a heart attack. I'm running down post rd trying to get to her and praying she wouldn't get hit.. LOL She's only six lbs.