Friday, April 18, 2008

Not the Zoo

Did your kindergardner or 1st grader ever go to the zoo? Here in Elko County we don't have a zoo but we do have lots of cattle ranches. So the kids get to go the ranches and learn about it. Thursday I got to take the high school FFA kids to one of the ranches in Lamoille. They halped the ranchers teach the 5th graders about ranching. It was beautiful day spent in the fresh air and sunshine. I really enjoyed being outside and watching the kids and the animals. It is really neat how our community reaches out and supports and teaches each other. So get out and learn something new about your community.... what's happening... what makes where you live special?

1 comments:

ChristinaS said...

Sounds like fun! I miss those days when we could drive to the zoo or to the children's museum and such.. One time I came close to driving to the USA (skate rink) But lost by one... That's ok. I used to go there as a kid. So I already knew what it was like....
Insomnia huh? UGH!! That's just about like this. I do wander around trying to figure out what to do. Can't do alot when everyone is still sleeping. Glad though that when Mike is home, he sleeps with the TV on. That way I can at least watch TV as well as play games on the internet. when Melissa moves out, I'll be able to go back to cleaning in the middle of the night and washing floors. LOL That's the best time!!!! But yes, your right, It would royally suck to work and be like that. That was in my last few months of working for Coventry Laidlaw... One of the few reasons why I stopped working totally....