Wednesday, April 16, 2008

There and back again


Yerington Nevada; Kimberely, Idaho; Jackpot, Nevada; Winnemucca, Nevada; Las Vegas, Nevada; Carol's route; Kathy's route; Penny's route...... get the picture? I'm beginning to think I'm touring Nevada one small po-dunk town at a time. February's mileage was 2500 miles just in field trips, that doesn't count the route's I subbed on. Saturdays trip to Yering ton was 600 miles and 21 hrs. Needless to say I was exhausted by time I got home at 11:00 PM. Yesterday I went to Jackpot and brought them to Elko's museum for Gold Fever week. The 2 largest gold mines.... Newmont Gold (Rick works for Newmont) and Barrick Goldstrike put on an educational hands on program for the kids of Elko county. So up and back to Jackpot twice totaled around 500 miles in 12 hours! And I wonder why I'm tired! And on top of that when I got home sat. night I couldn't sleep................. I slept pretty well last night however. So today's trip is not so long, just Southside elem. to the courthouse. I have no idea what they are going to do there. And puppy Chance and I start obedience class this morning, Yes folks I'm going to learn to be obedient again! If I can teach Chance not to be an escape artist we will succeed! Oh and this weekend I get to go to Taylorsville this weekend with Elko High School Track. We go friday night (won't get there till late) they compete on saturday and then home on Sunday. I thought it was interesting that they are traveling on a Sunday. It happens.............. I don't have much more of an itinerary than that although Margaret will be in town so Mom, Maggie and I are going to PF Chengs for a late dinner when I get to town friday. Sat. after I drop the team I'm going to hang out with John, Ashleigh, Greyson, Courtney, Alexis and Conner... and anyone else who wants to come see me as my wheels are a big yellow school bus! So how's that for a travel log?

0 comments: