Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hanging out at the Airport....

Saturday was quite the event. I was scheduled to pick up EHS at the SLC airport, quick back and forth trip. Except I forgot to find out which Elko High School group I was picking up or what flight they were on or when the unknown flight was supposed to arrive. So I got to the SLC International Airport around 10:30 AM, which was pretty good time. I pulled into the loading and unloading zone and parked. Now most of you know that that particular lane is not for parking or waiting but as it says..... loading and unloading. So I found a nice security guy (or rather he found me) and asked if I could wait for my group there. He assured me that I could park there, then I asked him if there was anywhere I could go potty! He told me that he would watch the bus while I ran in and used the little girls room. So I waited and waited and waited some more. The next security guy was just as nice as the first.... stood there and chatted with me and asked about driving school bus and working with the kids.... and I waited some more. The second security guy wandered off and I sat in the drivers seat of the bus and kind of snoozed for about a half an hour when the third security guy came wandering through... he proceeded to ask why I didn't know when my group was coming in or what their flight number was..... when low and behold up came the coach! Saved at last! Saved at last! We loaded the bus and I asked the coach if they wanted to feed the kids before heading home. The Coach asked the kids if they wanted to eat or just head straight home....(I got the feeling they were leaning toward just heading home) intereupted the coach 'I don't think you undestood me, the driver WILL stop. It's just a matter of where you would prefer to stop' I had been waiting for them for over an hour and a half. I was stopping for a soda and potty! Needless to say we stopped at the Tooele Flying J for soda and potty and had a rather uneventful trip the rest of the way home!

0 comments: