Thursday, May 1, 2008

Crazy, busy!

Elko County School District has been busy this past while, which in turn means I've been busy! Good for the paycheck, bad for sleep and time to do things around the house. I wish I could hire someone to come in and clean for me! I've subbed here in Spring Creek and taken a trip to Eureka with the Carlin softball team. It was like driving in a wind tunnel all day long. And the girls had to play ball in it! They won both games.... walked all over the other team! When it was time to go home the sun was just setting and a misty fog was rolling in. It made driving home like driving on an airport landing strip, it was dark... there were no landmarks because of the fog-mist and the only thing to tell me where the road was were the reflective markers on the side of the highway. I've only driven a team that way once before so with the hurricane force winds and all the rest it was a long ride home. But we made it and I was very happy that I wasn't called the next morning to drive! Rick also started the shutdown at the mine last week. This is the time of year when the miners work 12 hour, 7 day weeks. They shutdown various equipment and do maintenance projects to keep things working top notch, or close to it. Rick's goal at the end of the 4 or 5 weeks of hell is to save enough to buy a motorcycle. He's missed having a bike to ride for the last 4 years, ever since he sold his to pay for the wood floors we put in the living room of our house in West Jordan. It looks like May is shaping up to be a busy month for the Clarke home. It's the last month of school meaning it is going to get really crazy for field trips.... oh joy! What do you look forward to in May?

0 comments: