Monday, May 5, 2008

I survived.......

Well I survived another 19 hour trip to Yerington! The Spring Creek Track team left Saturday morning at 2:30 AM, which means I had to be at the bus yard at 1:45 AM to pre trip and get to the school, which means I had to be up at 12:30 AM to get ready to go. Up at 12:30 AM you ask? Yes up at 12:30 AM. I went to bed at 8:30 PM, you do the math. We arrived at 8:00 AM but that wasn't the end of my responsibilities... the team unloaded and I had to fuel both the buses..... the coach had driven one so I fueled both so that our relief drivers wouldn't have to later when we met them. So by 10:00 AM I was done fueling....$250.00 for 70 gallons of diesel! Glad it wasn't on my credit card! Then I could take my nap.... it was more being unconscious than napping. 4 hours later I woke up. Boy was I glad that I got that nap. And low and behold the track meet got over early.... miracles will never cease. So instead of the relief drivers meeting us there in Yerington we drove to Fernley and met them. I had a chauffeur to drive me home which was a good thing. After telling Sonia (the chauffeur) that I really didn't feel tired I proceeded to fall asleep, not waking up till we got to Winnemucca. Can you believe that? Potty break and back on the road. I still dozed some of the rest of the way home, I must have been really tired!

1 comments:

Suzy said...

You have the craziest schedule. I don't know how you ever get caught up on sleep. I would be a zombie all the time!