Monday, May 12, 2008

An extra day

Well more of my travel log. At least that's what it seems like some times. I don't mean it to be that but that's where our lives are.... oh well. Hopefully you don't get bored of field trip adventures. I took Carlin softball to their divisional playoffs Thurs. They were playing in (at?) Smith Valley. I've never been to Smith Valley, where the heck is it? No one I talked to could seem to tell me where it was. I figured that the coaches must know where we were going so I didn't worry too much. Our person who assigns the trips mentioned in passing that if the team won the game they were going to stay and if not they were coming home. Hmmm... they're not leaving Carlin till 1:00 PM, must be a very late game.... I thought to myself. So as the song goes... my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..... picked up the team; they're a fun group to take. We stopped in Winnemucca for an afternoon potty, snack break and I got to chatting with the Coach and she tells me that if they win their game Fri. they stay till Sat. for the finals! I had only packed enough clothes etc. for an overnighter, sigh... And the Carlin Railroaders are the top of their division, every game I've taken them to previously they won, so I figures they are staying till sat. and on top of that I don't have a babysitter lined up for sat. Oh joyous day! So after it was all over and done with I arranged for Zac to stay with the Bradbury's again and the Railroaders won the division championship and we got home at 8:00 PM sat. night. Oh and Smith Valley is about an hour south of Carson City. We stayed in Gardenerville which is a quaint little town just far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city and nestled against the Sierra-Nevada mountain range. Actually it's also about half an hour form Lake Tahoe also, very picturesque area with mountains and trees and all manner of green things growing. Not like our barren desert environment of Elko County!
Poor Zac missed Mom so much that Thurs. night he crawled in bed with Dad at about 4:00 AM and Sat. morning about 3:30 AM! He was so happy when I got home! And I was so happy to get home. I miss my guys terribly when I'm gone! Rick keeps telling me that I act like I'm going on vacation when I go on these trips. Let me tell you, it is not a vacation. Friday was a 15 hr. day, taking the team to the game and then to Yerington for lunch in between the games and then dinner after. When we're close enough I go to the hotel and relax or nap or whatever while the group is doing their thing but this trip we were 40 min. from the hotel.... no relaxing for the weary. It was 9:00 PM by time we got back to the hotel. Luckily they didn't have the early game sat. so I could sleep in and getting back at 8:00 PM was early compared to other trips! Now have I rambled on long enough?
How was your weekend?

0 comments: