Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wow

I was catching up on everyone's blogs and looked at mine and couldn't believe it's been 10 days since I posted. But (there's always a but) it's been so crazy around here that it doesn't surprise me. Thurs. I took Zac's class up Laimolle Canyon on a field trip, it was a bunch of fun. The whole second grade from Sage Elem. went. The other driver was Mathew's mom Lori. Mathew & Zac are in the same class. It kind of sucked that the teacher wouldn't let Mathew ride Lori's bus since I was driving the one with their class. I didn't understand it but I'm not the teacher. We still had a lot of fun. The kids had a list of leaves and wilderness stuff to collect. So you have 60 some odd 2nd graders stripping the forest for their project....... hmmmmm. Still it was a beautiful fall day in the canyon and a good time was had by all.
It's been so crazy with field trips this week I am now officially sleep deprived and I told the dispatcher not to call me monday morning even if they do need me. Friday I took Elko football to Sparks. We left Elko 8:00 fri. morning and I got back to the bus yard at 3:00 sat. morning. In fact when I walked in my door sat. morning I had been up for 25 hrs. And I turned around and headed back to Fernley (which is 30 miles from Reno/Sparks) for a relief drive. The nice part was I got to be the chauffeur, meaning I drove the 2 drivers that were relieving the original drivers and I drove back to Elko by myself. I still didn't get home till almost 3:00 AM however. So needless to say I'm pretty tired. Zac has a buddy over and they're playing Wii games so I'm having just a restful afternoon.

0 comments: