Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cold, Cold, Cold........








I finally got Mike & Lonaka's Christmas afghan finished. A few years ago I had the bright idea to make each of my children an afghan for Christmas. What a great thing I thought. I don't quilt but I do crochet. I have made numerous afghan's through the years and Courtney so much liked the largest most complicated one that I made that I thought.... I ought to make one for my children and pass on my talent, they also make good couch snugglers! So of course Courtney got the first one and John & Ahsleigh got theirs last year (I tried to get it done for their wedding but of course that didn't happen). and Micheal and Lonaka were scheduled for this Christmas. I tried blaming it on a really crazy year, not getting theirs done. It really does take me a full year to make a really good size afghan and I wanted each of them to be really nice, something that would last. I also really liked the yarn that I chose for theirs, it's a variegated green and blue, very classy combination and this particular pattern is a no-brainer type. You don't have to count it the pattern does it for you! And it actually turns out square (or rectangular). So now it's on to Tiffany's for next Christmas. I've even been thinking about doing one for each of the grandkids (I'm a gluten for punishment!)




Zac's hair has gotten really shaggy over that last few weeks. His hair grows like CRAZY! He really needs his hair cut once a month and when we skip or put it off he starts to look hairy! So it was off to Rae Lynn's for a haircut. I love this sign she has in the shop! It was hard to find a new hairdresser when we moved here. We had been going to Leslie for a very long time! In fact the first 18 months we were in Spring Creek we would coordinate our haircuts with when we went to SLC. Then last summer I got desperate for a perm. Most of you can probably relate to when you want to shave your head that it's really time for the hair salon! I took a chance and out of the phone book picked Taylor'd hair salon where I booked an appointment with Rae Lynn. She did a fabulous job and we had found a new hair stylest.



2 comments:

Suzy said...

The question here is did you leave your child unattended so you could get a free puppy?? :) We are going for haircuts today!! It is overdue.

ChristinaS said...

I wish we could actually find someone I like. i've been to a few different places. I hate people that try and promote their expensive sells on crap that just came in. It's unreal.
Anyway, I got my template from pyzam.com if you can't catch the link from the top red strip on my page go to http://sunnysideupsidedown.com that is where I took the link. She is an old member from Newport Ward also. They have all sorts of different kinds to choose from. You'll find alot you'll like...