Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dinner

i tried a new recipe last night. If I was one to make resolutions it would be to better feed my family. So I took a page from my sis in laws book and decided that if I make it they will eat it! I found this one one of the fundraiser recipe books that you buy to support whomever.

Vegetable Stroganoff
12 oz. linguini 2 c. broccoli
2 c. sliced carrots
1 c. cottage cheese
3/4 c. sour cream
1/2 c. grated parmesan
i medium onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 lb. mushrooms
3 Tbsp. margarine
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 c sliced olives
2 to 3 c cubed cooked chicken (optional)

Cook linguini. Rinse in hot water. Cook broccoli and carrots, covered in boiling, salted water for about 5 min, till crisp/tender. Drain. Combine cottage cheese sour cream and 1/4 c paremesan.

Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms till onion is tender/clear. Stir in flour,salt and pepper, cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture is smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in olives and veggies. Carefully blend together, adding cooked chicken if desired. Add hot linguini. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Now I changed it just a bit. I love veggies so I thought 'veggie' what else would be good with that. I didn't think Rick would like the olives but looking back it would have been ok. I added artichoke hearts and red peppers to it. It was fabulous! Rick came in and looked at it and went OOOOOHHHHH I don't think so. SO I gave him Suzy's great line.......I cooked it you will eat it! and guess what? HE LIKED IT! Zac of course wouldn't have anything to do with it, not even his two bites and you can have something else and Rick and I were just tired enough to not fight him this time. Oh well, another night.
So what new recipes have you tried? Oh yea and by the way it was simple and fairly quick to fix... my kind of meal.

1 comments:

Suzy said...

That sounds really good! I love trying new recipes but what is more fun is the reaction some of them get!