Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wasted

Wow has it been 10 days since I posted? It's been a zoo around here the last week or so. KT Contract Services hired me to drive the motor coaches for the mine shuttles and since then I've been doing nothing but drive..... drive...... drive. I drove for them when we first came out to the Elko area so I didn't have to do the whole training but it's been a long week of 12 hour days, riding, driving, another physical, peeing in a cup for UA's twice(different mines require different stuff) and just a bit of sleeping. I feel like the babysitter has seen Zac more than I. In fact I made him just sit on the couch with me last night for about 10 min. So finally today I was told I had dotted all my i's crossed all the t's jumped through just about every hoop that could be thought of and now I can drive a KT motorcoaches and take miners to work. I got a nice warm fuzzy feeling when numerous people told me they had missed me and welcome back. I really did enjoy the challenge of the driving and I think this time around I'm better prepared mentally and physically. After all the trips I've taken with the school district the runs at KT seem like a Sunday drive. I got to do one last Thurs. morning. I took the guys (and gals) to Bald Mountain mine. It's 156 miles round trip and 80 of that is on dirt-haul roads. It's a really beautiful ride being in the middle of no-where you can have the chance to see any number of wild creatures. Last time I drove it we came across a herd of wild mustangs. Thurs. I got to see a couple of golden eagles. It was truly breathtaking. I get to go thee again Fri. morning. It makes getting up @ 1:45 AM worthwhile. I will keep the masses updated as the summer goes along.

Happy Driving one and all........................

0 comments: