Saturday, August 30, 2008

Living in rural Nevada

Now that school has started, so has my travel to rural areas of Nevada. Football (of course) Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Forensics and I'm sure more that I haven't been asked to transport yet. This week I went to Winnemucca twice and took Jackpot to Twin Falls, Id. Next week I get to go to Reno and Las Vegas. Sound like fun? I've driven about 900 miles this week on trips. OK now that we got that over with............... Rick rode the motorcycle to Winnemucca to meet me. I took Spring Creek High School volleyball there for a 2 day tournament and since Rick has friday off and Zac was spending the night with a friend.............. it was fun. Volleyball didn't need much transporting since it was a tournament I took them there in the morning and picked them up later that night and took them to the Motel. And by the way don't stay at the
Motel 6. They have small rooms, terrible beds and the AC in our room was terrible! But we did go to a nice small town restaurant for breakfast. We had just met the Elko driver ..... Pam when the coach called me to tell me they had forgotten their practice balls on the bus. So Rick had to take me back to the motel (we had ridden the motorcycle) so I could take the bus and take the team their balls (no jokes! They're girls!) and I went back to The Griddle where we all had a fantastic breakfast. If you're ever in Winnemucca order the eggs florentine. It was wonderful. Rick had to leave after breakfast to go home and get Zac and Chance who had spent the night at the kennel. The owner of the kennel is the trainer we've been taking doggy classes from. Sharon is very knowledgeable trainer and we've been learning a lot. Sharon also breeds Aussie's and is helping us look for a puppy. I've talked to a number of breeder's this last week. We may have found one. A breeder in Riverton has a 12 week old red merle boy that ended up not going to Oregon to be a service dog so he may end up coming to Spring Creek to be our new family member. Keep your fingers crossed for us. We should know in the next few weeks if it's going to happen. I also found a blue merle girl in Richfield that needs a home. She is quite a beauty. I wish I could talk Rick into 2 new dogs but I know that's not going to happen. -long sigh- I'll be posting puppy search updates so stay tuned!

0 comments: