Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Queenstakes

This is the Murray portal to the Jerritt Canyon Mine owned by Queenstakes. KT Services picked up the transportation contract 2 weeks ago and we started running up there last week. I say 'up' because it is about 60 or 70 or 80 miles North of Elko. Last week I ran the 10 hr. bus which meant getting up @ 1:30 Am to get ready and be to work at 3:00AM. The nice thing about that run was

A- the miners were pleasant.
B- I was done for the morning by 6:45 AM
C- I was done for the night by about 6:45 PM

This week I started the 12 hr. underground. This also meant getting up around 1:30 AM but I didn't get back to the KT lot till around 8:30 Am and I had to be back to work at 3:30 PM to do it all over again. Now figure in commuting back and forth to work and meals and...... you do the math. I've been sleeping at around 4 hr. shifts.... are the numbers starting to hurt your head too? After last nights shift and getting back a bit late I told the dispatcher that I would be happy to run it in the AM but it was too much for me to run it twice a day. That doesn't even count not getting to see my son or husband almost at all. Rick let Zac stay up just to say goodnight. So this morning after getting back just a bit later than later I had the rest of the day off! Yippee! And I was even a bit constructive too. Zac mopped his bathroom floor like his grandma taught his mom to do it (which means hands & knees and a rag). All in all it turned out to be not so bad a day.

0 comments: