Thursday, August 7, 2008

Surprise, surprise, surprise!

So for my 100th post I wanted to come up with soemthing neat or unique or I don't know special. So here it is......
The other day I told about getting the Queenstakes contract and driving to this neat mine. Today I had the 12 hr. underground miners. We got to the portal about 6:00 AM and the guys got off the bus. Then this big wig guy came out and asked me if I could wait as he needed to have a meeting with all of the miners. Sure I said, that's my job.... transporting the miners. So half an hour or so later the guys start coming out. Queenstakes is shutting down. Apparently investors totaling around $110 million.... yes million backed out. Which means no $ to run the mine. Most of the miners didn't seem to be surprised and all of them were on their cell phones making calls. And about half of them went home instead of working they were taking vacation or personal days that would be lost otherwise. KT only loses 3 runs so it's not a big issue for them. It's shaping up to be an interesting week!

0 comments: