Monday, November 19, 2007

Ode to a great guy


It's evening time and Zac is happily playing in the tub. Rick and I are watching the football game and the house is clean (almost dinner still needs to be cleaned up.) and quiet. I am always happier when the house is neat and things are in their places (go figure.) Rick was wonderful Sat. when I was picking up the forensic team from a debate in Reno. He cleaned the kitchen and folded the clean laundry and cleaned the toilets and basically tidied the house. I have such a great husband. He definitely does at least his fair share around the house. He unloads the dishwasher and I load it. I do the laundry and he cleans the bathrooms. If I leave before him in the morning he makes the bed. Can you get a better husband? I listen to some of the women talk and even though they are working full time jobs as well as their husbands they are still expected to do all of the house work. Not me. Rick and I laughingly joke that if we were to have had a pre-nup agreement it would only state that I don't have to cook (not one of my favorite pass times.) We've been trying to be better parents and get Zac working on his penmanship and spelling each night and Rick works his magic with his son and gets him writing each night. It just amazes me the way he can get Zac to cooperate when he is in a mood. well another week has started and it seems as if time is passing by faster and faster. Thanksgiving this week and then the frenzy of Christmas time so we're going to enjoy the peace tonight and face tomorrow in the morning.

0 comments: