Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rain, sun and snow

We got it all in Elko today. I took the photography class form Spring Creek High School to Tuascarora today. They have some really neat historical buildings (ok the whole town is historical buildings.) that they like to go take pictures of every year. They then display their efforts at the Folk Life Museum during the Cowboy Poetry Week the beginning of Jan. neat huh? So we left Spring Creek at about 7:45 am. It was raining and starting to snow. The advisor was wondering if she should have cancelled the trip due to the weather. Then as we started up the canyon it started snowing more. By time we got to Tuscarora the snow was coming down pretty good with about 1.5 inches on the groumd. While she gave instructions to the students the snow almost stopped.... just enough to make picture taking fairly good! However with the snow came mud which they all tracked onto the bus! While they were eating lunch guess who got to sweep the bus? You thought it magically happened? No.... it took me 20 min. to do a 10 min. job on a normal day. After I dropped them at school I got to sweep again.... oh the life. It was however a fun trip. Different than the trips I've been taking. Variety is the spice of life they say. Zac was tickeled that I got home early so now we're hanging out, the puppy is having fun chasing Zac and trying to eat him. Rick will be home from work and I told him that I got home early enough that I just might make him dinner.

1 comments:

Suzy said...

It's hard to imagine snow. Our weather has been summer-like. I was thinking you must hear a lot of good stuff driving teenagers around all the time. I sometimes wish I could be a fly on the wall at the kids school. Oh, and about buying the red shoes, you've met Quintin right?? $98 for shoes might give him a coronary!! Have a good one!