Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

I'm really tickled that my 'Christmas cactus' is starting to bloom. I was watering the plants yesterday and noticed the beginnings of flowers! When I talked to mom she told me that 3 of hers are starting to bloom also. It's so nice to have flowers around the house. you know as a kid I hated watering all of mom's plants. Funny how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That's one of the things I've disliked about renting here in Spring Creek. There is NO landscaping. It's actually typical of the area. Being such a dry high mountain area gardening can be such a challenge. I do have a whole bunch of pots that I've planted flowers in but I miss my garden and my roses and my choke cherry bush and my raspberries.... well the list is almost endless........ That will be my almost first project when we finaly do buy a house here! So what are you being for halloween? Zac finaly decided to go as Batman after numerous costume changes. Luckily he has a collection of costumes for play dress up so we had the required stuff without a trip to Walmart (thank goodness). I have to take Spring Creek FBLA to the Boise airport tonight but I will get to go with Zac and Dad trick or treating before I have to leave but I will have to get a nap in this afternoon. It looks to be a long night since they aren't leaving till 120:30 PM for a 6:30 AM flight!

1 comments:

Suzy said...

I am a plant killer. Quintin keeps telling me that they are easy, I just need to water them - which I do and they still die. So I will enjoy looking at pictures of your pretty plants!! Glad to hear your trip to Utah was good!