Sunday, October 7, 2007

There and back again

OK, update for my relief drives. Yesterday I left at 2:00 PM for Reno. There were 4 of us going. We got to Reno (Sparkes) at about 7:15 PM and went to the first school where we dropped off the first 2 drivers and picked up the 2 that had taken the football team from Elko high school. Then we made a quick stop for dog food (can you believe I can't get the dog food I use in Elko?) Then we headed to Sparks High School where Linda and I took over, 2 of the coaches had driven the team and we were taking them home. The game got over and we left the school at 10:00 PM. We took them to a local burger joint to eat and left Sparks at about 10:45 PM. I was the lead bus. There is a truck stop called Burns Bros. that we make a stop at on these trips for potty and what not. We arrived there at about 1:00 AM. Our final destination of Spring Creek High School was at 4:00 AM. after unloading the team and getting all their gear off I didn't leave there till 4:30. I finaly got back to the Elko yard at about 5:00 AM and home by 5:30. Straight to bed for about 5 hrs. sleep and up to do it all over again. This time I took a nap in the car going out so I got 2 more hours sleep. I picked up the Elko High School Soccer team in Sparks this time and they had eaten and were ready to go home. So we got back at the early hour of midnight. Now how's that for 2 days work? Confusing? sometimes. All in a days work. Now I'm going to relaxe and undwind and go back to bed and if anyone wakes me up before I'm ready I'm going to ignore them!

1 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow that is a lot of driving. I had to drive down to Princeton and back today (about 1/2 hour drive) and I am worn out!! Good thing I am not a bus driver. Get some sleep!!